Permanency Worker (Social Service Specialist 1) - REQ-113581
Would you like the opportunity to make a positive impact on Oregonians in need of support? Are you passionate about getting people connected to the right resources? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
We are seeking a permanency caseworker (social service specialist 1) to join our Child Welfare Program team in North Clackamas.
As a permanency worker, you will:
- Play a critical role in helping families achieve their goals while cohesively ensuring the safety of children.
- Engage with children, families, resource parents and caregivers in a multitude of ways to achieve the safety, permanency and optimal outcomes for Oregon’s children and families. All engagement will be conducted through a trauma-informed and antiracist lens.
- Develop and implement multifaceted strategies that build on family strengths and address areas of improvement.
- Conduct home visits, write reports, attend court hearings, and problem-solve minor crises to major child safety issues.
- Play an imperative role in balancing the needs of the child and the family in conjunction with legal requirements.
- Have a unique opportunity to build rapport with families, understand their uniqueness, and learn more about how each family functions.
- Watch this video about permanency work to learn more.