RN Senior - State Hospital North
State Hospital North (Orofino) is seeking applicants for a Registered Nurse, Senior. Nurses provide psychiatric inpatient treatment care for Idaho's adult citizens with the most serious and persistent mental illnesses. This position will supervise Registered Nurses and Psychiatric Technicians, this position will work closely with the Nurse Managers and Director of Nursing Services to implement and communicate State Hospital North directives.
Our generous benefits package increases the total compensation of a full-time (benefits eligible) Registered Nurse Senior making $33.00/hour to an estimated $45.71/hour.
We offer a competitive benefits package to eligible employees which includes:
- excellent medical, dental and vision insurance-employee only coverage for PPO $65/month for medical and vision & $11.00/month for dental
- generous vacation and sick leave accrual beginning as soon as you start
- 11 paid holidays a year
- paid parental leave
- participation in PERSI - one of the Nation's best state retirement systems (the state currently contributes 11.94% of gross wages to an employee’s PERSI account)
- multiple savings plans, optional 401K, and optional 457
- basic life insurance for employee and family
- employee covered at one times annual salary
- spouse covered at $10,000
- child covered at $5,000
- wellness programs
- ongoing training opportunities
- an opportunity for student loan forgiveness
- and more!
The Idaho Department of Health & Welfare is a drug-free workplace. Any applicant offered employment in this position at the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Example of Duties
- Performs lead professional nursing within a specialized program with responsibility for staff or program oversight.
- Serves as administrative charge nurse for an entire facility, with on-call backup.
- Monitors staffing and scheduling throughout the facility.
- Provides and oversees safe patient care delivery.
- Provides orientation and growth directed assistance with new employees and mentors/coaches staff as needed.
- Directly supervise designated nursing staff to include performance reviews, competencies, disciplinary action, etc.
You must possess all the minimum qualifications listed below to pass the exam for this position. Click on the Questions tab associated with this announcement for the details regarding minimum qualification requirements. The Supplemental Questions on the application are the exam questions. Please make sure your resume supports your answers. Failure to do this may result in not passing the exam and disqualify you from being considered for this position.
- Licensed as a Professional or Registered Nurse in Idaho as defined by Idaho Code 54-1408 or state licensure as a Registered Nurse pursuant to the Nurse Licensure Compact, Idaho Code 54-1418, in one of the following compact states: Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, or Wisconsin.
- Experience performing nursing assessments and developing and implementing nursing care plans.
To be considered you must apply online at the link below. To learn more about this position and to apply by 06/26/22, copy and paste this link into your browser (Chrome works best):
Hiring is done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements, please contact the Division of Human Resources at (208) 334-2263.
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.