Community Engagement Coordinator – Central Michigan
Purpose: This position provides community engagement coordination to the Community Engagement Unit within the Community Education and Outreach Section of the Division of Environmental Health at the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services. The Community Engagement Coordinator will play a critical role in building and maintaining connections with community-based organizations and collaborating with local partners to propagate the communication of environmental health protective information and resources via these information conduits throughout Michigan with a focus on Central Michigan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Interact with diverse community organizations and engage with impactful community members to address environmental health concerns.
· Identify existing opportunities, plan and conduct virtual and on-the-ground outreach to engage community organizations proactively, create awareness about major project milestones, respond to issues associated with projects, regulatory activity and public participation opportunities.
· Identify and cultivate relationships with community organizations and impactful community members.
· Build capacity for community members and stakeholders to share knowledge and provide feedback.
· Develop and maintain community engagement plans for assigned project or programs.
· Assist in the development of contact databases, assist health education team in their development of project-specific outreach tools, including websites, emails/e-newsletters, and social media.
· Support efforts to recruit community members for participation in exposure assessments, health studies, focus groups, and other participatory projects.
· Participate in program planning, development, implementation, and evaluation.
· Implement new and existing health education, community engagement, and outreach programs.
· Assist with program-related projects and activities as needed.
· Represent the best interests of MDHHS at all times.
· General administrative duties as needed.
· Complete any training required by MDHHS or MPHI or as identified to continue professional development.
· Provide additional support to the Division of Environmental Health as requested.