Graphic Design Intern
GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN
HOURS: 15 hrs/wk
LOCATION: Longwoord, FL
REPORTS TO: Creative Lead
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Internship
AREAS OF INTEREST: Design, Branding, Photography, Print Materials, Web Graphics, Logos, Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop Editing
As USH’s Graphic Design intern, you’ll help develop the branding and visuals featured on our online platforms. From creating imagery for print to designing graphics for social media and web, this position gives you the opportunity to expand our brand through many different platforms. This internship is ideal for skilled graphic designers who are looking to learn and be challenged by a highly creative work environment, all while building a killer portfolio.
We’re a mission-based business, and if you’re passionate about helping others while developing yourself as a professional, we want you on our team!
MAIN DESIGN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Print Materials (Postcards, Flyers, One pagers, Booklets)
- Social Media Graphics (For Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Linkedin)
- E-blast Imagery (Compelling images sent to thousands of subscribers)
- Campaign Elements (Any elements needed for a mailing or digital campaign)
These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Interns will be required to perform other job-related duties as required.
- YOU’VE GOT THE SKILLS: Extremely proficient in Adobe suite, specifically Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- YOU’VE GOT A CREATIVE FLAIR: Strong design style and a portfolio showcasing it! (Required)
- YOU DON’T MISS A BEAT: Highly attentive to detail, organized and thorough
- YOU CAN HOLD YOUR OWN: You are a quick problem solver and can work independently
- YOU CAN JUGGLE: Ability to juggle multiple projects and organize many moving parts
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS
- Acceptable eyesight (with or without correction)
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
- Acceptable hearing (with or without hearing aid)
- Grabbing, sitting, holding, writing, typing
- Ability to operate a computer and other technology-based tools
- OFFICE EXPERIENCE: Gain meaningful, relevant work experience in the non-profit industry
- GROWTH: Participate in a weekly development series featuring professional workshops and guest speakers
- USH SWAG: Receive free, exclusive U.S. Hunger merchandise
- CULTURE: Work with a vibrant group of people who are authentic and passionate about their approach to ending hunger
- NETWORKING: Opportunity to directly work and make connections with industry partners and clients
Feeding Children Everywhere dba U.S. Hunger (USH) is a 501(C)3 impact organization whose mission is feeding families today and uniting them to a healthier tomorrow. Over the last decade, USH has activated more than 800,000 volunteers to distribute over 150 million meals across the globe. We address hunger by engaging volunteers, educating on the root causes of food insecurity, and creating access to nutritious meals for low-income families and individuals. We have distributed meals in 53 countries, and every state of the U.S. (including Puerto Rico), with the vision of a hunger-free world in our lifetime. We are experienced at activating one of our three major programs to fight hunger:
Hunger Projects are fun, high-energy and hands-on meal packaging events that empower volunteers to make a tangible difference in the fight against hunger. With music booming, teams work together to package delicious meals for the millions of Americans living below the poverty line, including children, seniors and veterans across the country.
Our Full Cart® program is America's Virtual Food Bank. We collaborate with key partners and generous donors to deliver boxes of shelf-stable food and fresh produce directly to the front door of people in need of assistance, with dignity and discretion.
As a homage to our founding name, Feeding Children Everywhere, we will continue to serve hungry children around the world. We ship containers packed with meals and supplies to identified partners working to make a difference in areas that need it most around the world. To maximize the impact of food distribution, we’re combining efforts with strategic community transformation projects that focus on setting these children up for success.