Fall Journalism Internship 2021
L.A. STYLE Magazine Fall Journalism Internship 2021
This internship is designed exclusively for college students and new college grads seeking experience in media & publishing. Interns will have the opportunity to learn about journalism and search engine optimization. This internship features both aspects of the company, both print publishing and online aspects to the media company, such as: social media, online features, a newsletter, non-profit projects/community outreach, etc. This unpaid internship offers an excellent overview of sample duties of an editorial assistant. From assisting with production, to actual writing, interns receive a diverse array of educational opportunities. All candidates should possess excellent writing skills and a profound passion for media/literature. Progress toward a B.A. or M.A. in Journalism, English, Mass Communication, Marketing and or Public Relations are preferred; we also welcome applicants pursuing undergraduate or graduate studies in creative writing and library science.
Internship Openings: Journalism
Duties will include writing, researching, copywriting, editing, and more
• Researching in order to determine the proper SEO keywords to target for assigned articles
• Contributing creative writing/concepts for feature interview introductions
• Pitching topics based on rising digital trends
• Market research data
• Copywriting idea generation for marketing / social media posts
• Interview select up and coming fashion designers / industry professionals / nonprofit organizations
• Contribute creative writing on lifestyle topics assigned, to be considered for digital publishing.
• Building a portfolio to move on to the next level of your career. Intern will be provided college credit, letter of recommendation, portfolio of credited work.
• Fully Remote / Work from home
• Flexible schedule
• College Credit (based on schools requirements)
• 15 Hours per week
• Weekly Zoom Calls - Mondays & Fridays
• Three Months (Approx. 90 Days)
- Fall Internship Timeline: July 10 - October 2
L.A. STYLE Magazine is a luxury lifestyle publication based in Los Angeles with a reputation dating back over three decades due to strong celebrity influence from its inception. L.A. STYLE represents the contemporary rebirth of the popular 8o’s publication, which featured only the crème de la crème, the illustrious and sought after icons in the industry, including: Naomi Campbell, Madonna, Elvis Presley, and Marilyn Monroe.