Operations and Communications Intern at The Partnership for Transparency Fund
The Partnership for Transparency Fund (PTF) is a nonprofit organization based in Washington, DC. PTF’s mission is to advance innovative citizen-led approaches to improve governance, increase transparency, promote the rule of law and encourage citizen engagement in developing countries.
PTF’s internship program is designed to provide students and recent graduates with opportunities to take on independent projects of interest under the guidance of highly experienced international development professionals.
The Operations and Communications Intern will work directly with the Program Manager and Communications Manager on the daily maintenance of PTF initiatives, while also helping to implement exciting new projects. By doing so they will acquire a broad background in non‐profit operations and will participate in special projects with Advisers and Staff. This is an unpaid virtual part‐time internship, requiring a minimum of 20 hours per week. Interns are expected to provide their own laptop and internet connection.
· Help to expand and improve the recently constructed database of PTF advisers, areas of
expertise, partner organizations, and focus countries
· Work with staff and advisers to optimize and integrate use of database functions into daily
· Create and generate communications content, including but not limited to: social media posts,
graphics, articles, interviews, and videos
· Assist with the development of fundraising materials, including newsletters, flyers, and brochures
· Contribute to concept notes and grant proposals
· Research, write, and edit blogs on a broad range of governance and development issues
· Assist in the maintenance of a communications editorial calendar, and lining up content for
· Advertise and help manage PTF-sponsored events
· Manage administrative tasks as needed
· Interest in International Development, Governance, and Anti‐Corruption
· Superior writing and editing skills
· Attention to detail and organization
· Experience with social media analytics, Photoshop, and graphic design preferred
Undergraduate or graduate