R1010279 Retail Center Sales Associate
- 30% With guidance from Sales Representatives and management, provides sales and service to customers for health and ancillary insurance products (this interaction with the customer is face-to-face, by telephone, and web-based inquiries). Learns to analyze prospective customer needs and match them to appropriate company products and services. Presents and explains various recommended products, benefits, features, and alternatives to the customer. Explains company sales, medical underwriting, and enrollment processes to set realistic customer expectations.
- 20% Receives and handles payments from customers.
- 20% Provides sales/service support for special events and projects for the general public.
- 15% Schedules appointments for sales and service visits; conducts group and individual information sessions. Assists with wellness education and conducts on-site Personal Health Assessments (PHAs).
- 15% Generates and acts upon leads for new sales and the sales of replacement and add-on products. Initiates telephonic follow-up and/or outreach.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Required Work Experience:
- One year customer service or retail experience.
Preferred Work Experience:
- Sales experience in insurance, especially within ACA and/or Medicare.
- Provider Enrollment experience.
- Hospitality Experience
- Retail/Medical/Insurance Customer Service skills.
- Prior Front Desk and Administrative Coordinator experience.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to develop/maintain effective professional relations with potential customers.
- Ability to learn marketing principles, techniques, and the marketplace.
- Effective presentation and customer service skills.
- Analytical or critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Ability to persuade, negotiate, or influence others.
- Ability to handle confidential or sensitive information with discretion.
- Department of Insurance Licensure must be obtained within 60 days of hire in state employed. Licensure must be maintained while in job. Other licensures and certifications may be required and maintained by specific areas.
Required Software and Tools:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Retail Center environment; flexible retail work hours to include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Work may involve transportation of materials.
***This job includes commission that is paid based upon sales.***